If the latch on your door sticks it may be because the parts have become loose. When this happens the latch can get caught behind the strike plate when you operate the handle or knob. To fix this first locate the screws that hold the door knob assembly together loosen the screws but do not completely remove them. Once the screws are loose you can rotate the doorknob you will notice the latch moving as well make sure the latches level as it comes through the strike plate. Then hold the door knob assembly in place and tighten the screws. The latch will now smoothly pass in and out of the strike plate without catching.
- Why do You Need a New Build Home Inspection at Dallas, Fort Worth TX: 2024
- Faucet Covers: Complete Guide (2024)
- Fueling Warmth: The Ultimate Diesel Heater Guide 2024
- Everything You Need to Know About Home Inspections Before Buying a Home in Fate, TX
- Stay Warm and Save Money: Expert Home Winterization Tips for Every Budget